Thursday, July 7, 2011

Technology and me

   I think that my view on the usage of technology has definitely changed.  I really had no idea that there were so many options and new tools that I could learn to use then transfer into my classroom.  In the beginning I did not think that I was going to be able to incorporate a lot of Internet use into the classroom, because it was never something big when I was in school and I don't know many teachers that were using it now.  After this I have seen that there is no reason not to use it!  Everything is not only more creative and fun, but it is very easily organized because I do not have to worry about thousands of papers.  


   Having to create the Wiki gave me a nice chance to stick my toe in the waters, so to speak.  I wanted to use the Wiki in my own classroom, but if we did not have to make one for class I may have not known how, or it may have been not a very strong site.  The SMART notebook is a another great tool that I can add to my 'toolbox'.  Having to create a lesson got me thinking of ways to integrate it into the classroom and how to involve my students in meaning full lessons, while still keeping it fun.  


   In moving forward I am definitely confident in myself for using the new tools I have found and even discovering new ones too. Plus there is nothing that you can't look up, so if I ever have a question with a little research I can figure it out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment